ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Wendela Whitcomb Marsh
Adulting While Autistic with Dr. Wendela Whitcomb Marsh (Rescheduled for March 1st, 2023)
Wendela Whitcomb Marsh has a heart for autists of all ages, and for the amazing parents and professionals who love them and work with them. In this three-part presentation taken from her books in the series “Adulting While Autistic,” she brings a unique perspective to working with this population.
The first presentation is entitled “Sense and Sensory”. This will address autistic adults who struggle with sensory overload.
The second presentation, entitled “Adulting while Autistic”, has tips and tricks for adults who need help with time management, sticking to schedules and advocating for themselves.
Thirdly, her presentation, “Dating while Autistic” gives down-to-earth guidance on how to navigate dating, love, and relationships.
For the second presentation entitled “Adulting While Autistic” attendees will:
- Learn the importance of and be given ideas for time management
- Be given strategies for self-management for autistic adults
- Learn the importance of self-advocacy
Siobhan Marsh is a disability advocate and Kay Snow Award-winning writer living in Salem, Oregon. Growing up with chronic illness that made on-campus education difficult, Siobhan completely restructured her homeschooling schedule and developed many strategies which she includes in Homeschooling, Autism Style: Reset for Success. These strategies allowed her to fit in doctor’s appointments, creative pursuits, and volunteer work while maintaining her GPA and graduating second in her class. She is also uniquely suited to discuss neurodiverse family life as the daughter and sister of autists.
March 1, 2023
|12pm CST||Wendela Whitcomb Marsh speaks with Q&A|
|1:15pm CST||Individual Q&A|
Registration is Simple!
- Buy Online: Scroll down for registration details
- Call in Registration: General booking please call this number for registration: +1 (800) 489-0727
- Print/Fax/Mail Registration: Unable to register online? Download our registration form to print and fax, or mail in with your payment.
- No CEU’s available for this event.
- CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST