DR. TEMPLE GRANDIN
Understanding All Kinds of Minds
Dr. Temple Grandin, a world-renowned autism spokesperson, scientist, and inventor, has served as an inspiration and role model to hundreds of thousands of families and persons with autism. In this unique presentation, Temple eloquently and candidly describes the challenges she has faced and offers glimpses into her own childhood, with ideas on how others dealing with autism can meet these obstacles and improve the quality of their lives. Backed by her personal experience and evidence-based research, Temple shares her valuable insights on all types of thinkers, why they are important, and ways in which young people can continue to think about and understand what it means to be innovative.
By attending, participants can:
- Create a learning environment to accommodate those who think differently
- Distinguish between voluntary behaviors and involuntary behaviors
- Identify ways of intervention for those newly diagnosed
- Review methods to assist the older child and Adult to form social relationships
The Most Famous Person with Autism
American Academy of Arts and Sciences
Inducted into the American Academy of Arts and Sciences in 2016
National Women's Hall of Fame
Temple Grandin named to the National Women’s Hall of Fame in 2017
Professor of Animal Science, CSU
Global leadership, Animal Welfare Livestock Systems Design
Subject of HBO Emmy Award Winning Film
“Autism was her challenge, life was her triumph”, A profound and and joyous breakthrough
Future Horizons is dedicated to making its courses, events and meetings accessible to all. We strive to provide access – to the fullest extent possible – to our conferences based on an awareness of participants’ needs. If you require assistance due to a disability, please provide Future Horizons with the information and we will engage in a process to work with each individual to determine appropriate accommodations. Please click the below button to send your request for special accommodations or visit our contact us page.
SCHEDULE & MAP
Autism Conference Schedule:
|6:30||Dr. Temple Grandin Speaks|
|7:45||Photo and Book Signing Opportunity|
About the Venue:
The Morrow Center
1180 Southlake Circle
Morrow, GA 30260
Registration is Simple!
- Buy Online: Scroll down for registration details
- Call in Registration: General booking please call this number for registration: +1 (800) 489-0727
- Print/Fax/Mail Registration: Unable to register online? Download our registration form to print and fax, or mail in with your payment.
- All Speaker Presentation handout materials are complimentary and will be sent via digital file one week before event.
- NO CEU’S AVAILABLE FOR THIS EVENT