Join Future Horizons for an unique opportunity with Dr. Tony Attwood, a clinical psychologist, and Carol Gray, an author and consultant for people on the spectrum.
- In a back and forth presentation, Tony and Carol will be merging their many resources, materials, and experiences to share their best insights and practical strategies.
- Tony and Carol will focus on understanding cognitive differences to support learning, communication, and social development through the lifespan.
The Cognitive Profile in Autism Spectrum Disorders and
it’s Impact on Learning, Communication, and Social Development
Dr. Tony Attwood and Carol Gray
in a Rare Joint Presentation
In the mid to late 1990s, Dr. Tony Attwood and Carol Gray frequently shared the presentation stage in the United States and abroad. Their presentations were respected for their sound information and practical strategies.
Together, Tony and Carol developed materials and classic articles that are in use and cited today; many of them are available online via a “Tony Attwood and Carol Gray” Google search. Since the early part of this century, Tony and Carol have continued work on behalf of children, adolescents, and adults with autism, while maintaining busy individual speaking schedules and completing several writing projects.
In this presentation, Tony and Carol merge their many resources, materials, and experiences to share their best insights and practical strategies with one very rare joint audience. Tony and Carol will focus on understanding cognitive differences to support learning, communication, and social development through the lifespan.
Join us for an incredible fast-paced day!
- describe how people with autism learn and how it may impact learning, responses, communication, and interactions with others;
- define the term Social Story and the philosophy and rationale of the approach;
- distinguish a genuine Social Story from a story and list five state-of-the-art examples of Social Stories addressing today’s topics;
- the stages in friendship and how to use them as a framework for supporting social connections; and
- list 10 or more practical strategies to address many the most frequently cited issues in autism.
DR. TONY ATTWOOD
MANAGING AND COMMUNICATING EMOTIONS
Dr. Tony Attwood, a clinical psychologist from Brisbane, has over 30 years of experience with individuals with autism, Asperger’s syndrome, and Pervasive Development Disorder (PDD). In addition to the workshops he provides all around the world, Dr. Attwood is a prolific author of scientific papers and books. His works on Asperger’s syndrome and high-functioning autism are recognized as the best offerings in the field.
Watch Professor Tony Attwood with Children
SOCIAL STORIES WORKSHOP WITH CAROL GRAY
Carol Gray is a consultant to children, adolescents, and adults with autism, providing support via workshops and presentations. Through information, referrals, and resources, Ms. Gray offers direct services for individuals with autism, their families, and professionals who work on their behalf. Carol is author of the world famous Social Stories™, a well-respected evidence-based practice used worldwide with people with autism of all ages.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
This course is offered for up to 0.6 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate level, Professional area)
Future Horizons is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Future Horizons maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Future Horizons ACE #1018 is approved as a provider for continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards ( ASWB).
Future Horizons is an American Occupational Therapy Association
(AOTA) approved provider of continuing education. This conference is offered for 0.6 CEUs. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
Future Horizons is dedicated to making its courses, events and meetings accessible to all. We strive to provide access – to the fullest extent possible – to our conferences based on an awareness of participants’ needs. If you require assistance due to a disability, please provide Future Horizons with the information and we will engage in a process to work with each individual to determine appropriate accommodations. Requests need to be received no later than 2 weeks prior to event date. Please click the below button to send your request for special accommodations or visit our contact us page.
SCHEDULE & MAP
Autism Conference Schedule:
|7:00am||Registration & Continental Breakfast|
|8:00||Dr. Tony Attwood & Carol Gray
|10:00||Dr. Tony Attwood & Carol Gray|
|11:30 – 12:30||Lunch on your own|
|12:30||Dr. Tony Attwood & Carol Gray|
|2:30||Dr. Tony Attwood & Carol Gray|
About the Venue:
Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine
White Pine Ballroom.
100 Great Wolf Drive
Grapevine, TX 76051
Registration is Simple!
- Buy Online: Scroll down for ticket details
- Call in Registration: General booking and ASA Members please call this number for registration: +1 (800) 489-0727
- Print/Fax/Mail Registration: Unable to register online? Download our registration form to print and fax, or mail in with your payment.
Group discounts available for 5+ attendees
Discount Applied at Checkout
- Educators & Practitoners
- Group Discount Rate $108
- Parents & Family Members
- Group Discount Rate $96
Student with ID$70
- College Student
- Group Discount Rate $56
Person with ASD$50
- Person with ASD
- Group Discount Rate $40