ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Wendela Whitcomb Marsh
Autism in Women and Girls with Dr. Wendela Whitcomb Marsh
Wendela Whitcomb Marsh, MA, BCBA, RSD, is an autism educator, speaker, consultant, and author of The ABCs of Autism in the Classroom: Setting the Stage for Success and Independent Living with Autism: Your Roadmap to Success. In addition, she contributed a chapter for Autism in Lockdown: Expert Tips and Insights on Coping with the COVID-19 Pandemic, and she co-authored with Dr. Raun Melmed Autism Parent Handbook Fast Facts: Beginning with the End Goal in Mind. Spouse and parent to awesome autists, she lives in Salem, Oregon with her three children and two cats. Learn more about her books at www.wendelawhitcombmarsh.com and about her consultation services at PIPS for Autism, LLC: Promoting Independence & Problem Solving, www.pipsforautism.com.
Look Behind The Mask!
In her own words, the author Dr. Wendela Whitcomb Marsh gives the reason behind “Recognizing Autism in Women and Girls: When It Has Been Hidden Well” is so needed for women today.
In this presentation, we will see how autism often manifests in females, even when it has been camouflaged for years.
Participants can expect to learn:
- What transpires from masking to diagnosis?
- Why was I misdiagnosed?
- How to be released from years of masking to form successful careers
- The differences between social development and academic development
Siobhan Marsh is a disability advocate and Kay Snow Award-winning writer living in Salem, Oregon. Growing up with chronic illness that made on-campus education difficult, Siobhan completely restructured her homeschooling schedule and developed many strategies which she includes in Homeschooling, Autism Style: Reset for Success. These strategies allowed her to fit in doctor’s appointments, creative pursuits, and volunteer work while maintaining her GPA and graduating second in her class. She is also uniquely suited to discuss neurodiverse family life as the daughter and sister of autists.
June 6, 2022
|12pm CST||Wendela Whitcomb Marsh speaks with Q&A|
|1:15pm CST||Individual Q&A|
Registration is Simple!
- Buy Online: Scroll down for registration details
- Call in Registration: General booking please call this number for registration: +1 (800) 489-0727
- Print/Fax/Mail Registration: Unable to register online? Download our registration form to print and fax, or mail in with your payment.
- No CEU’s available for this event.
- CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST