ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Wendela Whitcomb Marsh
Dating While Autistic with Dr. Wendela Whitcomb Marsh
Wendela Whitcomb Marsh has a heart for autists of all ages, and for the amazing parents and professionals who love them and work with them. In this three-part presentation taken from her books in the series Adulting While Autistic”, she brings a unique perspective to working with this population.
The 1st presentation is entitled “Sense and Sensory”. This will address autistic adults who struggle with sensory overload.
The 2nd presentation, “Dating while Autistic” gives down-to-earth guidance on how to navigate dating, love, and relationships.
The 3rd presentation, entitled “Adulting while Autistic”, has tips and tricks for adults who need help with time management, sticking to schedules and advocating for themselves.
For her second presentation entitled “Dating While Autistic” attendees will:
- Be shown ways to rely upon themselves in knowing what is important to them as individuals when seeking a relationship
- Be given steps to find ways to communicate clearly and effectively
- Be given the strategies to help them move from a first date to friendship to love
Siobhan Marsh is a disability advocate and Kay Snow Award-winning writer living in Salem, Oregon. Growing up with chronic illness that made on-campus education difficult, Siobhan completely restructured her homeschooling schedule and developed many strategies which she includes in Homeschooling, Autism Style: Reset for Success. These strategies allowed her to fit in doctor’s appointments, creative pursuits, and volunteer work while maintaining her GPA and graduating second in her class. She is also uniquely suited to discuss neurodiverse family life as the daughter and sister of autists.
February 15, 2023
|12pm CST||Wendela Whitcomb Marsh speaks with Q&A|
|1:15pm CST||Individual Q&A|
Registration is Simple!
- Buy Online: Scroll down for registration details
- Call in Registration: General booking please call this number for registration: +1 (800) 489-0727
- Print/Fax/Mail Registration: Unable to register online? Download our registration form to print and fax, or mail in with your payment.
- No CEU’s available for this event.
- CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST