ABOUT THE SPEAKER
DR. TEMPLE GRANDIN
Back to School Hacks from Temple Grandin
School presents one of the major challenges in a child’s life, whether it is elementary school or high school. Surprises can be frightening. One of the biggest challenges in a child’s school routine can be having many different teachers instead of one teacher for all subjects.
Another potential issue is the school bus. Is this the first time the child will ride a school bus? Do they have trouble making friends? Are they overloaded by sensory issues? There are several ways to combat the fears and anxieties school presents.
In this two-hour presentation, followed by Q&A, Temple will relay what worked best for her. She will present ideas and small things that can be done to make the school experience as pleasant as possible. The most important thing to remember is to strive to reduce sudden surprises.
Attendees will learn:
- How to make change easier for their child
- The importance of special interest groups
- The use of fixations to teach fundamentals
CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST!
July 18, 2022
|10:00am CST||Temple Grandin speaks with Q&A|
|12:00pm CST||Event Ends|
Registration is Simple!
- Buy Online: Scroll down for registration details
- Call in Registration: General booking please call this number for registration: +1 (800) 489-0727
- Print/Fax/Mail Registration: Unable to register online? Download our registration form to print and fax, or mail in with your payment.
- No CEU’s available for this event.
- CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST