ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Wendela Whitcomb Marsh
Sense and Sensory with Dr. Wendela Whitcomb Marsh
Wendela Whitcomb Marsh has a heart for autists of all ages, and for the amazing parents and professionals who love them and work with them.
In this three-part presentation taken from her books in the series “Adulting While Autistic”, she brings a unique perspective to working with this population.
The first presentation is entitled “Sense and Sensory”. This will address autistic adults who struggle with sensory overload.
The second presentation, entitled “Adulting while Autistic”, has tips and tricks for adults who need help with time management, sticking to schedules and advocating for themselves.
Thirdly, her presentation, “Dating while Autistic” gives down-to-earth guidance on how to navigate dating, love, and relationships.
For her first presentation entitled “Sense and Sensory” attendees will:
- Be given information regarding sensory-seeking for each of the senses
- Be given tips for sensory avoidance in each of the senses
- Be provided with strategies for sensory-related issues
Siobhan Marsh is a disability advocate and Kay Snow Award-winning writer living in Salem, Oregon. Growing up with chronic illness that made on-campus education difficult, Siobhan completely restructured her homeschooling schedule and developed many strategies which she includes in Homeschooling, Autism Style: Reset for Success. These strategies allowed her to fit in doctor’s appointments, creative pursuits, and volunteer work while maintaining her GPA and graduating second in her class. She is also uniquely suited to discuss neurodiverse family life as the daughter and sister of autists.
January 18, 2023
|12pm CST||Wendela Whitcomb Marsh speaks with Q&A|
|1:15pm CST||Individual Q&A|
Registration is Simple!
- Buy Online: Scroll down for registration details
- Call in Registration: General booking please call this number for registration: +1 (800) 489-0727
- Print/Fax/Mail Registration: Unable to register online? Download our registration form to print and fax, or mail in with your payment.
- No CEU’s available for this event.
- CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST