ABOUT THE SPEAKERS
Dr. Jim Ball
Autism: Back to School and Work after Lockdown
A Step by Step Guide to Successfully Transition Back to School and Work
Dr. Jim Ball, Ed.D., BCBA-D, a Board Certified Behavior Analyst, has been in the autism field for over twenty years providing educational, residential, and employment services to children and adults affected by autism. As President/CEO of JB Autism Consulting,he provides private consultation to organizations, schools, and families regarding staff training, parent training, home support services, classroom design/support, and behavior management/ assessment.
If your child is attending school in person, you need this information!
This new presentation will discuss systematic techniques for helping students and adults with an autism spectrum disorder and will focus on specific strategies, enhancing motivation, and generalization training. A step by step demonstration will be presented using real life examples. Modifications will be explored that allow this particular program to be effective with students significantly challenged with autism, as well as those students with Asperger’s Syndrome.
Goal: Understanding specific techniques for assisting students/adults on the autism spectrum to transition back to school/work.
- Participants will be able to identify 10 specific strategies to assist an individual on the autism spectrum in the transition process.
- Participants will be able to implement 10 specific strategies that will assist an individual on the autism spectrum in the transition process.
- Participants will be able to design an individualized transition program that will assist an individual on the autism spectrum in the transition process.
Kristie Brown Lofland
Kristie Brown Lofland, co-author of “Autism: After the Pandemic: A Step by Step Guide to Successfully Transition Back to School and Work”, is an Autism/ Educational Consultant currently in private practice. Ms. Brown Lofland has previously worked in clinical, public school and university settings. Ms. Brown Lofland has an extensive background in Speech Pathology and Audiology and in the education and communication of individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders. She has made many presentations nationally and internationally in the area of communication and autism. Lofland holds a bachelor’s degree in Speech Pathology from Indiana State University (1972), a master’s degree in Audiology from Indiana State University (1979) and a Director of Special Education certificate from Indiana University (2003). She has held various offices and served on various committees with the Indiana Speech, Language and Hearing Association. She was the recipient of Honors of the Indiana Speech, Language and Hearing Association for outstanding contributions in the field (2007). Ms. Lofland also received the “Best in School Advocacy” Award from the Autism Society of Indiana (2007). She currently serves on the Panel of Professional Advisors for the Autism Society of American and is a member to the Executive Board for the Autism Society of Indiana.
September 15, 2020
|5pm CST||Jim Ball and Kristie Lofland speak with Q&A|
|6:15pm CST||Individual Q&A|
Registration is Simple!
- Buy Online: Scroll down for registration details
- Call in Registration: General booking please call this number for registration: +1 (800) 489-0727
- Print/Fax/Mail Registration: Unable to register online? Download our registration form to print and fax, or mail in with your payment.
- NO CEU’S AVAILABLE FOR THIS EVENT