ABOUT THE SPEAKER
VISUAL STRATEGIES FOR TEACHING SOCIAL SKILLS
Mrs. Rebecca Moyes, a former teacher in both public and private schools for nine years, is the mother of two children. Her oldest is diagnosed with Asperger’s syndrome. Rebecca is currently an autism consultant/trainer for several school districts in Pennsylvania.
Rebecca is the author of six books. Incorporating Social Goals in the Classroom, A Guide for Teachers and Parents of Children with High-Functioning Autism/Asperger’s Syndrome, Addressing Challenging Behaviors in the Classroom: A Guide for Teachers and Parents of Children with High-Functioning Autism/Asperger’s Syndrome, and Executive Function Dysfunction are published by Jessica Kingsley Publishers. I Need Help With School!: A Guide for Parents of Children with High-Functioning Autism/Asperger’s Syndrome, Building Sensory Friendly Classrooms to Support Challenging Behavior, and Visual Techniques for Developing Social Skills are published by Future Horizons.
Rebecca is a graduate of Grove City College and Penn State University. She holds a master’s degree in teaching and curriculum design and development with an emphasis on special needs children. Rebecca has studied applied behavioral analysis and participated in Pennsylvania’s verbal behavior project. She also served as a member of Governor Ridge’s autism task force.
By attending, participants can:
- Describe the layers of social skills instruction needed to encourage generalization
- List two or three ways to create a social skills lesson with manipulatives or objects in the home environment.
- Explain the concept that “any behavior that is reinforced is likely to continue.”
October 21, 2020
|12pm CST||Rebecca Moyes speaks with Q&A|
|1:15pm CST||Individual Q&A|
Registration is Simple!
- Buy Online: Scroll down for registration details
- Call in Registration: General booking please call this number for registration: +1 (800) 489-0727
- Print/Fax/Mail Registration: Unable to register online? Download our registration form to print and fax, or mail in with your payment.
- No CEU’s available for this event.
- CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST