ABOUT THE SPEAKER
DR. TEMPLE GRANDIN
Basic Animal Behavior
Animal welfare plays a crucial role in agricultural practices like animal husbandry and dairy farming. For those in the animal welfare profession, this talk will give practical methods for improving farm and ranch animal welfare. This information is for students, managers, and veterinarians. The effective approach details practical auditing, regulatory, and assessment programs that will improve the welfare and treatment of livestock, poultry, and farmed fish. Temple will also discuss the importance of humane treatment for all animals. This information is invaluable for those that manage a ranch, farm, or dairy.
Temple Grandin is Professor of Animal Science at Colorado State University. Dr. Grandin’s work includes design of animal handling systems, research on livestock behavior, and auditing animal welfare. Throughout her career, Dr. Grandin has worked to combine scientific research results with practical application in the field. In North America, half the cattle are handled in equipment she designed for meat plants. She has received awards for her work on animal welfare from both the livestock industry and animal welfare NGOs. She has awards from The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, The American Meat Institute, American Society for Animal Science and the Humane Society of the U.S.
By attending, participants can:
- Discuss the importance of humane treatment for all animals
- List practical methods for improving farm and ranch animal welfare
- Review practical auditing, regulatory, and assessment programs
CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST!
June 8, 2021
|10am CST||Dr. Temple Grandin speaks with Q&A|
|12pm CST||Event Ends|
Registration is Simple!
- Buy Online: Scroll down for registration details
- Call in Registration: General booking please call this number for registration: +1 (800) 489-0727
- Print/Fax/Mail Registration: Unable to register online? Download our registration form to print and fax, or mail in with your payment.
- No CEU’s available for this event.
- CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST