ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Setting the Stage for Success at Every Age
Wendela Whitcomb Marsh, MA, BCBA, RSD, is the author of Independent Living with Autism: Your Roadmap to Success, and The ABCs of Autism in the Classroom: Setting the Stage for Success. Drawing from her experience as a special education teacher, educational psychologist, and behavior analyst, and her personal history as spouse and parent of autistic adults, she offers insights and practical solutions to many challenges associated with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Dr. Marsh lives in Salem, Oregon, where she provides teleconferencing consultation as the owner of PIPS for Autism, LLC: Promoting Independence & Problem Solving. Learn more about her writing and speaking at www.wendelawhitcombmarsh.com and about her consultation services at www.pipsforautism.com.
- Beginning with the End in Mind When parents first learn their child has ASD, it can be overwhelming. Dr. Marsh helps put the diagnosis in perspective and take steps toward your child’s bright future. Beginning with the end in mind means looking at today’s behaviors and accomplishments while keeping in mind who your child will become as an adult.
- Setting the Stage for Success Throughout the school years, setting the stage for success means providing the tools your child needs to be the best they can be. Dr. Marsh describes the ABCs of behavior and how you can put them to work in your own classroom or home.
- Roadmap to the Future Autistic adults deserve to be as autonomous as they can be, to be listened to, and to be respected. Having a roadmap can help adults make their own goals, and develop self-motivation, self-management, and self-advocation skills. Dr. Marsh brings her optimism and unique perspective as a spouse and parent of amazing autists.
(NOTE: Bibliography for Wendela’s presentation is available upon request at: firstname.lastname@example.org)
MAY 27, 2020
|11am CST||Wendela Marsh speaks with Q&A|
|12:15pm CST||Individual Q&A|
Registration is Simple!
- Buy Online: Scroll down for registration details
- Call in Registration: General booking please call this number for registration: +1 (800) 489-0727
- Print/Fax/Mail Registration: Unable to register online? Download our registration form to print and fax, or mail in with your payment.
- NO CEU’S AVAILABLE FOR THIS EVENT