ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Yes, Please Tell Me!
Using the PEERspective Learning Approach to Help Preteens Navigate the Social World with Jennifer Schmidt and Megan Rawlins
In this webinar, Jennifer Schmidt and Megan Rawlins will discuss their experiences implementing a middle school class designed to teach social skills to students through evidence-based practices. This class, based on the PEERspective Learning Approach, uses peer-mediated instruction, authentic practice, and intentional social skills lessons to help students find the social success they are looking for. Jen and Megan can’t wait to share what they’ve learned in their own classrooms and some tips and tricks found in their book, “Yes, Please Tell Me!” This book is designed to walk you through how to start your own class or just integrate in more intentional social skills lessons, based on evidence-based practices. If you are looking for some new ideas from teachers currently in the classroom, this webinar is for you!
During this webinar, the attendee will learn ways to:
- Help the pre-teen/teen to identify proper social skills for conversation.
- Show students the correct way to interact with others.
- Learn methods in making friends.
Jennifer M Schmidt, M.Ed and her now-retired Speech-language pathologist colleague piloted the PEERspective Learning Approach in 2007. Communication Class, which is based on the PEERspective Model, continues to this day at Beavercre
Along with assistance from Jennifer M. Schmidt, Ms. Megan Rawlins piloted the PEERspective model, as well as created and implemented a successful social skills class curriculum. She has 9 years of teaching experience in both general and special education classrooms in both elementary school and middle school.
February 13, 2024
|Presentation with Q & A to follow
Registration is Simple!
- Buy Online: Scroll down for registration details
- Call in Registration: General booking please call this number for registration: +1 (800) 489-0727
- Print/Fax/Mail Registration: Unable to register online? Download our registration form to print and fax, or mail in with your payment.
- No CEU’s available for this event.
- CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST