ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Dr. Stephen Shore
The 4 “A’s” of Autism: Awareness to Acceptance to Appreciation to Action: a Pathway to Fulfilling and Productive Lives
Joining the Future Horizons team will be speaker, Dr. Stephen Shore. Stephen believes we are transitioning from “awareness” to “acceptance” and headed to “appreciation” as society takes “action” in valuing individuals on the autism spectrum for who they are.
Join him for a new online presentation, as he introduces an autobiographical structure combining experiences of people on the autism spectrum to making fulfilling and productive lives for themselves the rule, rather than the exception.
Dr. Shore’s goal is to aid individuals on the spectrum in meaningful engagement in the community for leading fulfilling and productive lives.
- Participants will be charged to reframe their thinking away from deficit, and disorder, towards seeking abilities based on individual strengths.
- Find a generalized focus on strength-based thinking to the rest of humanity and to the audience themselves.
- Learn practical solutions for considering these characteristics as potential springboards to success in education, employment, and in self-advocacy.
June 6, 2023
|10am CDT||Dr. Shore speaks, with Q & A to follow|
|12pm CDT||Presentation Ends|
Registration is Simple!
- Buy Online: Scroll down for registration details
- Call in Registration: General booking please call this number for registration: +1 (800) 489-0727
- Print/Fax/Mail Registration: Unable to register online? Download our registration form to print and fax, or mail in with your payment.
- No CEU’s available for this event.
- CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST