ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Behavior Solutions for the Classroom
Beth Aune, OTR/L, is the owner-therapist of Desert Occupational Therapy for Kids, a pediatric outpatient clinic in Palm Desert, California. Beth and her team of dedicated and passionate professionals provide assessment and intervention for at-risk children with a variety of diagnoses, including: autism spectrum disorder, sensory processing disorder, developmental delay, feeding dysfunction, Down Syndrome, cerebral palsy, and others. Beth is a co-author of Behavior Solutions for the Inclusive Classroom (2010) and Behavior Solutions In and Beyond the Inclusive Classroom (2011) and author of Behavior Solutions for the Home and the Community (2013). She is a speaker throughout the nation on the topic of identifying and understanding children’s problematic behaviors and sensory issues. Her presentations, workshops and books offer practical solutions and strategies for teachers and parents to implement in the school, home, and community settings. Beth and her team of occupational therapists are committed to help children achieve their highest potential in their daily function, with an emphasis on partnership with parents, caregivers, and teachers.
By attending, participants can:
- Describe how sensory processing deficits impact a child’s daily life
- Discuss three subtypes of sensory modulation disorder and identify tools and strategies to assist each subtype
- Review the relationship between sensory responses and effective participation in school, home and community
- Discover helpful guidelines and strategies to enhance social and emotional well-being of their child and/or student
(NOTE: Bibliography for Beth Aune’s presentation is available upon request at: firstname.lastname@example.org.)
JULY 1, 2020
|12pm CST||Beth Aune speaks with Q&A|
|1:15pm CST||Individual Q&A|
Registration is Simple!
- Buy Online: Scroll down for registration details
- Call in Registration: General booking please call this number for registration: +1 (800) 489-0727
- Print/Fax/Mail Registration: Unable to register online? Download our registration form to print and fax, or mail in with your payment.
- NO CEU’S AVAILABLE FOR THIS EVENT