ABOUT THE SPEAKER
The Sensory Detective
Paula Aquilla, DO, BSc, OT is an occupational therapist as well as an Osteopathic Manual Practitioner. She has worked with adults and children in clinical, educational, home, and community-based settings. She founded the Yes I Can! Integrated Nursery School, Yes I Can! Summer Camp, and the I Love My Baby Program in Toronto. Paula was also the founding executive director of Giant Steps in Toronto, an innovative program of intensive therapies, academics, and support services for children with autism spectrum disorder. Paula is the coauthor of Building Bridges Through Sensory Integration and the author of Sensory Strategies to Improve Communication, Social Skills, and the new Sensory Detective book.
By attending, participants can:
- Recognize and identify sensory processing challenges in children
- Define and describe the “inside out perspective”
- List the benefits of a sensory diet
- Create and implement a custom sensory diet
- Recognize behavioral signs of sensory overload and/or autonomic nervous system overload;
- Utilize visual supports
(NOTE: Bibliography for Paula’s presentation is available upon request at: firstname.lastname@example.org)
JUNE 19, 2020
|11am CST||Paula Aquilla speaks with Q&A|
|12:15pm CST||Individual Q&A|
Registration is Simple!
- Buy Online: Scroll down for registration details
- Call in Registration: General booking please call this number for registration: +1 (800) 489-0727
- Print/Fax/Mail Registration: Unable to register online? Download our registration form to print and fax, or mail in with your payment.
- NO CEU’S AVAILABLE FOR THIS EVENT