ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Yes, Please Tell Me! Using the PEERspective Learning Approach to Help Preteens Navigate the Social World
Students with autism are often brilliant but struggle to get and keep jobs due to social skill deficits and splinter skills. This webinar will help you to help students start thinking socially through intentional social skill lessons. These lessons are found in the book, “Yes, Please Tell Me!” which uses evidence-based practices including peer-based instruction and intervention.
Learn how to use PEERspective to teach social skills! PEERspective is an easy way to shift the culture and climate of your entire school and even district. Join Jennifer and Megan as they co-host this webinar that will enable pre-teens and teens to develop social skills.
During this webinar, the attendee will learn ways to:
- Help the pre-teen/teen to identify proper social skills for conversation.
- Show students the correct way to interact with others.
- Learn methods in making friends.
Jennifer M Schmidt, M.Ed and her now retired Speech-language pathologist colleague piloted the PEERspective Learning Approach in 2007. Communication Class, which is based on the PEERspective Model, continues to this day at Beavercreek High School and in many other school districts that have adopted the same model with similar success.
Along with assistance from Jennifer M. Schmidt, Ms. Megan Rawlins piloted the PEERspective model, as well as created and implemented a successful social skills class curriculum. She has 9 years of teaching experience in both general and special education classrooms in both elementary school and middle school.
October 25, 2023
|3pm CST||Presentation with Q & A to follow|
|5pm CST||Presentation Ends|
Registration is Simple!
- Buy Online: Scroll down for registration details
- Call in Registration: General booking please call this number for registration: +1 (800) 489-0727
- Print/Fax/Mail Registration: Unable to register online? Download our registration form to print and fax, or mail in with your payment.
- No CEU’s available for this event.
- CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST