Autism Every Day: Over 150 Strategies Lived and Learned by an Autism Consultant and Mom
Author(s): Alyson Beytien
Award Winning Book:
- Autism Society Literary Excellence Award
- About.com Readers’ Choice Awards, Favorite New Special Needs Parenting Book, Runner-Up
- ForeWord Book of the Year, Finalist
Autism Every Day is a balance of practical ideas, creative interventions, and strategies that seek to inspire and inform all those who are connected to a person with autism.The author’s three sons cover the entire spectrum of autism—Asperger’s Syndrome, high-functioning autism, and classic autism. She understands the wide range of needs and challenges, and explores in-depth and with humor what helps, what hinders, and why.
- Stemming from a wealth of both professional and personal experience, this guidebook combines real-life stories of challenges and successes with practical ideas for handling autism, every day. Autism consultant Alyson Beytien outlines over 150 tried-and-true techniques for home, school, and community.
- Alyson’s three boys cover the whole spectrum of autism—Asperger’s syndrome, high-functioning autism, and classic autism. She understands the wide range of needs these children have and has discovered what helps and what hinders. Covering a full gamut of issues—from picky-eating and echolalia to IEPs and “The Woes of Walmart”—Alyson’s ideas and interventions will inspire and inform all those who are connected to a person with autism.
Alyson believes that each day brings more opportunities to learn, problem-solve, and celebrate the joys that children with autism bring to our world—after all, today’s crisis is tomorrow’s humor. Her family’s motto will soon become your everyday mantra: “Improvise and Overcome!”